TNS Fourms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TNS Fourms

Your #1 Place For Ideas Go back to the main site

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Makes A Great Story?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Makes A Great Story? Empty What Makes A Great Story? Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:06 pm

ShallowLeaf

ShallowLeaf

I was wondering what people's opinions were considering what makes a great story? I know that for me, it includes the following:

Believable characters (They share their actions in accordance with their personalities, and they are emotionally compelling: seen as real people)

A story so imaginatively compelling that both author and reader are taken in just as easily

Nothing too cheesy

A strong flow and sense of purpose for the story

Detail

Well, those are my thoughts, but what about anyone else out there?

2What Makes A Great Story? Empty Re: What Makes A Great Story? Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:48 am

Jikushiya

Jikushiya

i agree

3What Makes A Great Story? Empty Re: What Makes A Great Story? Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:20 pm

hitrizvl

hitrizvl
Admin

Hahaha, always full of words, eh Jiku? Was gonig to say Juki, but ah, whatever works!! Now if you fellas are done- what is in the stoe story matters less- itds the people you higher that scare the-uh...introduce and 'advertise' it. haha no no. actually. IF you go solo, keep heart, put ur heart into it, and have somrting in mind, then follow it liek a three year old to a shiny object! Then jsut fill with withg a play of words---after that, hire someone to do the techy grammar stuff and ur set! if u do it with another or more, make sure u have a good crew! Dont argue in anything in a fighting mean manner. Argueing and debating IS good, but not in the weay as to where one is yellnig and insulting. keep personal feelings out on some tihngs, others, let it all out! Learn to work together nad becoem one. rp a bit with one another to get a feel of them. chat. know them. then know ur characters. know ur story. know the idea(s) you paln to use and let everoyn spill otu theirs and combine. Leanr to let go of things if u must and cant fit- and vise versa- leanr to squeeze what u can without over kill. Its complicated hahaha, but no mater what, stick to it! So long as u think abotu iit, doodle, write, chat, talk to a tree, whatever ugot to do to see what u want us to- do it! It'll coem out jsut fine. never fully scap stuff u write either. save it else where. u never konw. maybe 0once u trake a good break and reread it u may find it was actually good or u liked it, or have a better idea from it! Files like word dont take up much space on anytihng, so dont worry!! and try to stay a little organized. Im the worst at this, but i pretty much remeber everything i need to for my characters nad such- but even then, the worlds least organized and memberable person, writes and draws soem stuf to keep up. i mean-after a while it adds up! Who wants ot remeber every detail, right!? Who CAN!? Not many of us, i am sure- and thats not to insult anyones intellegence either!

Goosd luck all writers nad our nekos! we'll be famous someday! and if u are- we'll discuss a website fee with the neko managment...heh heh.... nah kidding. best of luck and ofrtune to you all ^^ (and as for the famous thing- after Misery, i am even more afriad of it...) O.o it still freaks me out--thansk alot pal!!!!!

http://<a href="http://thenekostories.sy

4What Makes A Great Story? Empty Re: What Makes A Great Story? Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:03 pm

ShallowLeaf

ShallowLeaf

Ah, thank you Jiku!!!

And Hit: Hahaha, you DO have a point!! Cohesion in the group, or with yourself and your ideas is tantamount to your success!

5What Makes A Great Story? Empty Re: What Makes A Great Story? Sat May 14, 2011 12:58 am

Jikushiya

Jikushiya

i agree again and feel inspired OwO thank you

6What Makes A Great Story? Empty Re: What Makes A Great Story? Tue May 17, 2011 10:06 am

hitrizvl

hitrizvl
Admin

*laughs grinning nudging you* hear that love? You inspire people!! ^^

http://<a href="http://thenekostories.sy

7What Makes A Great Story? Empty Re: What Makes A Great Story? Thu May 19, 2011 2:42 am

ShallowLeaf

ShallowLeaf

*Blushes and laughs, nudging you back* Heh, never thought that I EVER would, but, wow, thank you VERY much Jiku!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum